THE WANTS LIST
RVP is entirely volunteer run organisation and is a registered charity. We can continue our work only with the support of our membership and the general public.
While any offers of help are welcome this list details specific ways in which we need assistance at the present time.
General contact - E-mail INFO@rvp-ltd.org.uk.
Although our work is largely voluntary, we do need funding for the materials we use. As a guide it costs around £10,000 in materials alone to rebuild one of our vehicles, and then there are ongoing maintnenace costs. There are several ways you can help us financially:
- MEMBERSHIP - Why not join us? Membership is a flat £15 per year. Members receive our newsletter four times per year, have the right to attend our AGM and can join our volunteer teams if they wish.
Membership Form HERE(238kb)
OR join on-line now with our secure server.
- REGULAR DONATION - As a charity we can use gift aid on donations from UK tax payers. Regular donations can be made by standing order for any amount as often as you like. Donate more than £2 a month and you automatically become a member. Standing order form
- GENERAL DONATION - We are always happy to take donations, large and small. Simply send cheques payable to "Railway Vehicle Preservations Ltd" to the address on the Gift Aid donation form
OR Donate Now with our secure server:
- SHARE PURCHASE - For those with a deeper interest shares can be purchased in RVP Ltd. Minimum share purchase is £100. Please use the contact details above for further details.
- SPONSORSHIP - We welcome suggestions from companies who may want to sponsor restoration work in return for benefits and / or publicity. Please use the contact details above.
Even with the finance we still need people to do the work! The vast majority of our restoration is carried out by volunteers. Occassionally we do use contract labout for specific items, but this is kept to a minimum in view of the costs involved.
We always need volunteers - normally working at Rothley shed on Saturdays(10-4), Mondays(11-3) and some weekday evenings. Anyone can be found a job, skilled or unskilled. If you think you can help out
please e-mail me at email@example.com, telephone 01924 335552 or turn up at Rothley at the times mentioned above.
In addition we currently have a specific need for the following:
- CARPENTERS - We have an urgent need for carpenters to work on the bodywork of our wooden bodied vehicles. Most of this is voluntary, but we also have some opportunites for paid contract work. If you are interested please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SALES STAND - We have a quantity of sales stock, and would welcome help from volunteers willing to take a stand to rail related events and look after our sales operation. We also have a large quantity of items to sell through Ebay for group funds. Help with this is also needed and could be done from anywhere - e-mail me at email@example.com
We are always looking for materials - and if we can re-use unwanted equipment from elsewhere so much the better. We have limited storage space so we have to be quite specific. Currently we are looking for the following; if
you can help with any of these please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TPO RELATED ITEMS - With the withdrawl of TPOs on the national network we are interested in any items of interest from these trains for incorportaion into our museum.
- ANY LNER CARRIAGE PARTS - large or small if you have anything lurking in the garden shed that may be off an LNER carriage let us know.
- PAINT - we always need paint. Particularly useful is primer, undercoats and gloss black / maroon (suitable for metal and / or wood). Part tins or obsolete stock always welcome.